So I thought I'd put together my own 25 "things", not because you asked, but because it's actually pretty fun trying to come up with 25 characteristics, experiences, preferences, etc. that I haven't already shared. As it turns out, I could only come up with 20, which confirmed for me that I have taken up permanent residence on Overshare Street. It's hard to be a blogger and NOT overshare, however, so that address is fine by me.
Here you go!
1. In an attempt to become left-handed, I wrote with only my left hand for the entire second half of third grade.
3. I was accepted to the University of Wisconsin three times (undergrad, transfer, graduate school) but never once enrolled. Despite what I believed growing up, I don't think I was meant to be a Badger.
4. Throw pillows (and shoes for Hallie, but you might already know that) are my kryptonite.
5. I hate politics. And election years. (But I LOVE Saturday Night Live during the three months leading up to the Presidential Election.)
7. I cry. A lot. Especially when I watch sports-themed movies (think The Rookie, Rudy, Miracle, The Mighty Ducks), read quotes about children growing up too quickly, and listen to country music songs about mothers dying.
8. Every fall I create an elaborate chart so that I can more efficiently record and then sort through all of the new and returning television shows I want to watch. It's possible that my chart is categorized by day of the week, time of day, and channel and then highlighted with different colors based on a three-tiered ranking system related to my level of interest in the program.
9. I can't figure out if I'm an introverted extrovert or an extroverted introvert. I want to be a plain, ole' extrovert, but for some reason I just can't do it.
10. I'm allergic to tequila. Talk about a bummer.
11. I have no desire to work in the medical field, but am truly fascinated (and not at all grossed out) by injuries and illness, primarily those of a severe/serious nature. As a little girl I lived near a hospital, and when the medical helicopter landed I would run from my house to the landing pad (the way normal children run toward the ice cream truck) in hopes of catching a glimpse of the patient.
13. I was born on the one day of the year - November 22nd - that doesn't have an official astrological sign. Some astrologists consider those of us born on November 22nd Scorpios, while some consider us Sagitariuses.
14. I honestly believe that Disney World is the happiest place on earth.
|Apparently I've passed this|
characteristic on to my children.
16. If I had to choose only one beverage (besides water) to drink for the rest of my life, I'd go with milk. There's the Wisconsin in me coming out once again.
17. I don't like change (you probably already know that), EXCEPT when it comes to my hair and the weather. With regard to my hair, I need to cut it all off or dye it every 18 months or so. With regard to the weather, I need variety. I can't stand checking the 10-day weather report and discovering that it's going to be sunny for the next week and a half. I need clouds. I need rain. I need snow. (Tom and I often joke that a College Station meteorologist would be the easiest job in the world: put on a suit and tell the people, "today it'll be hot and sunny". You'd be right more than 98% of the time.) I'm pretty sure Seattle and I would be a match made in heaven.
18. I love to shovel snow.
19. I have a tattoo. I want a second one, but I'm waiting on my sis-in-law to design it for me. I've been waiting for more than three years - apparently she's very busy.
20. Despite having gone through two c-sections and been hit in the head with a flying saw (my over-excited cousin threw a saw across the room and it hit me directly between the eyes), I've never had stitches.
So there you have it/them. Anyone want to share with me? I promise I won't post it here on the blog, unless it's really funny of course.