1. One-third of the way through our summer vacation and we've already found more than half of the state license plates, including both Alaska and Hawaii! Hallie has trouble participating in this game - she can read, but not well enough to quickly sound out complicated state names as we cruise past 18-wheelers on the interstate - but Will and I LOVE it. Definitely a summer highlight!
2. After a friend of Will and Hallie's had surgery last week, they decided to make him a batch of cupcakes (and decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles in his school colors). Hallie did almost all of the baking herself - I even let her frost, using my professional cake decorating tools, a few cupcakes (though those cupcakes stayed at home) - while Will supervised, sprinkled, and delivered. Sometimes those two are actually kind of sweet…
3. Father's Day has come and gone, but if you need a gift for a daddy-daughter duo in your life, consider this book.
I bought it for Hallie to give to Tom for Father's Day and as soon he unwrapped it they were both completely enthralled. They tackled their first project - a giant bubble wand - on Sunday afternoon, and much to my surprise, it actually worked!
Tom's face in that last picture - which I must have taken just as Hallie's largest bubble popped - is priceless.
4. The US Women's Soccer team advanced out of pool play, defeated Columbia in the round of 16, and advanced to play China in the Quarterfinals tonight. Tom, Will, and I are true fans who eat, sleep, and breath soccer during World Cup tournaments and the Olympics, and yes, #Ibelievethatwewillwin.
5. Tux was sick for the better part of a week. He's not anymore, thank goodness.
Happy Friday, friends!
Linking up with High Five for Friday!