2. Hallie first went tubing two summers back, and while she insisted the boat travel no faster than seven MPH, she enjoyed herself enough to go tubing again both last summer and this summer. This summer, however, she refused to tube at speeds in excess of two MPH. I'm not exaggerating here - I could have kept pace with the tube swimming the breaststroke. Heck, WILL could have kept pace with the tube swimming the breaststroke. While Tom and Hallie cruised along, my dad, Will, and I
3. In need of a few FREE activities to fill the rest of your (and your kiddos') summer afternoons? I came across this blog post - 56 Things to Do Instead of Spending Money - and was excited to find it included a few (see below) activities I hadn't previously thought to do with the kids or by myself.
- Use up gift certificates/coupons.
- Spa day at home.
- Make gifts.
- Clean my car.
- Organize my photos.
- Make cookies.
- Have a sleepover.
- Have friends over.
- Donate to the thrift store.
- Be anonymously nice.
Ok, let's be honest…"make cookies" is always on my to-do list.
4. As I count down the 112 days until "Mockingjay, Part 1" is released in theaters on November 21st, I pass the time by watching these teaser trailers.
I'm SO excited.
5. Happiness Highlights
|Will LOVES (and I love) his youth yoga class. Here |
are the kiddos making a downward-facing dog tunnel.
|And here they're working on wall handstands.|
|Will tried to pull out his remaining front tooth with Grandma's pliers.|
|It was difficult to watch, but the fact that he|
attempted this kind of extraction made me smile.
|The pliers didn't work, but just seconds after that |
failed attempt, Will yanked it out with his fingers.
|Grandma and I saw this shirt the next day and just had to buy it. You're|
only toothless once (hopefully) and for such a short period of time.
|Hallie made this necklace for Grandpa |
and he actually wore it. To work.
|Hip, hip, hooray!|
|Channeling her inner Katniss and |
shooting her imaginary bow and arrow.
|Only an awesome grandma would let this 52-pound|
seven-year-old use her as a step stool. 17 times. At least.
|If you look closely, you can see Carter trying |
to get in on the fun that is climbing on Grandma.
Also, check out Grandpa's triceps. She works out.
|Grandma with three of her four grandchildren.|
Meanwhile, Will was reading the newspaper in
the recliner next to her like a little old man.
Linking up with High Five for Friday!
Love it. Great hat in selfie #2, btw!!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I feel ridiculous when I wear it - I've never been very good at pulling off hats - but it does such a good job of blocking the sun that I wear it anyway. :)Delete