Here's what I'm looking forward to the most:
- Waking up without an alarm clock.
- Getting up at the same time as the sun...and not a minute earlier. (Side note: did you know that in July it gets light outside at 4:30am in Wisconsin?!)
- Visiting our families in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- New experiences for Will and Hallie. (Both are going outside of their comfort zones and trying multiple new kinds of lessons and camps this summer.)
- Swimming, boating, movies, bowling, miniature golf, campfires, the 19th hole, farmers markets, ice cream trucks, live music, cold beer, and date nights.
- Available tables at my coffee shops.
- Shorter wait times at our favorite restaurants.
- Available parking spots downtown.
- Fewer cars on the road.
Things I'm not looking forward to this summer:
- And, you know, the heat. Some things never change.
What are you looking forward to - and what could you do without - this summer?
Looking for a little guidance when it comes to surviving - and loving - summer with your kids? Check out my Mama Bear Summer Survival Guide on the Mama Bear Dares blog.