1. "Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions." I must have repeated this phrase - in my head or quietly under my breath - 100 times this week. Doing so actually worked, at least more so than I expected, and helped me bring my stress level back down to a dull roar.
2. Remember the "snowman" (named Olaf, of course) Hallie built while on vacation in Nebraska?
She and I smiled when we saw this more-recent picture…proof that Hallie's Grandma and Grandpa have taken good care of Olaf in her absence.
3. I never tire of military reunion videos, especially those - like this one - that highlight a parent reuniting with a child. I can't imagine spending such a long period of time away from my children, and I extend my deepest thanks to those who leave their families behind to serve our country.
4. This boy makes me smile, even more so now that when he's happy, a gaping hole - where his front baby tooth used to live - smiles back at me.
5. And last but not least, this SlightlyViral.com post, which provides readers with 23 perfectly accurate and perfectly hilarious examples of why women live longer than men, will surely provide you with a good laugh.
Happy Friday, friends!
Linking up with High Five for Friday here.