I'm still down a finger, so I really am going to keep it shorter and sweeter this week. You wouldn't believe how much editing is required when your middle finger has to cover for your index finger on the keyboard!
1. This girl lost her second tooth.
2. She also rocked her kindergarten program.
This year our elementary school switched from a graduation ceremony to an end-of-the-year music program, and I was thrilled with the change. I shared my thoughts on kindergarten graduations two years ago, around the time Will donned a cap and clomped across the stage to the beat of Pomp and Circumstance. My position on these milestone ceremonies hasn't changed since then; if anything, I feel ever better about my stance after watching Hallie's fun, upbeat, joy-filled program and comparing it to Will's rather solemn graduation at which few of the children had any idea what was going on.
3. It didn't rain on Rockin' Fun and Field Day!
As you've probably seen or heard on the news, Texas is a wet mess right now. Mother Nature gave our kiddos just enough of a break to get outside for tug of war and the 50-yard dash.
4. Memorial Day started with donuts, included a great workout, lunch at the movie theater where we saw Tomrrowland (fantastic film for kids and adults alike - I definitely recommend it), and an afternoon of playing in the backyard, and then ended with cooking dinner on the grill and eating on the covered patio while the rain fell around us. (Nevermind the tornado warning…)
And yes, we paused at 3pm.
5. And then today…today is the last day of school. Bring on summer!
Happy Friday, friends!
Linking up with High Five for Friday!