So, how well will you score on this quiz about the great state of Texas? As with the Wisconsin quiz yesterday, the first two people to correctly answer the questions below, either in the comments section or in a message to me, will receive a little Texas-themed surprise in the mail. Good luck!
1. What is the Texas:
- State nickname?
- State motto?
- State flower?
- State bird?
- State song?
- State tree?
- State mammal?
- State fish?
- State dance?
- State beverage?
3. Which soda (that's another word for "pop", Midwesterners) was invented in Waco in 1885?
4. What are the names of Texas's NFL, MLB, and NBA professional sports teams?
Bonus question: Texas is the only state to have the flags of six different nations fly over it. These flags come from which six countries?
- Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of by territorial annexation.
- Texas has only one natural lake.
- It is illegal to milk or graffiti another person's cow.