I came out the other side with 100 or so more gray hairs, a hoarse voice and sore throat, a sun- and wind-burned face, and 21 loads of laundry waiting for me on the floor of my laundry room.
2. I made this macaroni and cheese recipe on Super Bowl Sunday, and it hit the spot like I couldn't believe. Give it a try this weekend - you won't regret it!
3. On Monday the recycling truck drove by my house without stopping AGAIN. This time, however, the driver realized his error, made a 17-point turn at the end of the block, and came back to empty our overflowing bin. Woo hoo!
4. On a related note, after last week's "Green Texas" post a few people asked me what kind/style/brand of reusable bags I regularly use. Here are a few of my high-fiveable favorites!
|My favorite reusable bags!|
- I keep this one in my purse to pull out when I hadn’t planned on purchasing anything and therefore didn’t bring my sets of bags into the store.
- I keep a set of these under the passenger seat in my car.
- And I keep a set of these in my trunk, so that when I’ve taken the first set inside the house and I’m not without bags.
- These are a little more expensive, but hold their shape better than the envirosax bags.
- I put my produce in these.
- And here are a few tips on how to remember to bring your bags with you!
5. While on last weekend's "work date", when I wrapped up the piece I was writing before Tom finished his journal article, I spent a few minutes looking at all of the kids' artwork, notes, and pictures hanging throughout his office. I took and framed many of the pictures, so they felt familiar to me; the artwork and notes, however, often went straight from the kids to Tom to Tom's office so I had never had an opportunity to admire them before. Warmed my heart...
|Hallie and Tom at their first Daddy Daughter Dance.|
|A photo collage I put together to display in Tom's |
otherwise empty office right after we moved here.
|World's Best Dad is…Will? I don't quite get this one, but I like |
the combination of briefcase, tool, and mustache embellishments.
|Love the colored pictures, love the "it shappy time" notecard |
(I know it's supposed to say "it's happy time", but when I look at
it all I can see is "it shappy time"), not so sure about the photo...
|Another cute pic of Tom and Hallie at Daddy Daughter Dance |
(they were on the front page of the newspaper) but the picture
of "dad <--- awesome dude" takes the cake.
Linking up with High Five for Friday!