|It was VERY bright outside.|
2. As I mentioned last week, the new hot tub has a hole in it and a new new one is on its way. A slow release of air isn't keeping anyone I know from enjoying the leaking version though - it was 77 degrees last Sunday afternoon and these three played in and out of the water ("swim" for five minutes, dance for five minutes) for more than an hour!
3. Are you still watching the Olympics? We are! Here's our next batch of favorite moments:
- Akbar Gbajabiamila (former NFL defensive end and current Ninja Warrior co-host) reacts to Shaun White's gold medal halfpipe run.
- A compilation of some of the internet's favorite moments thus far.
- A walkie talkie's adventure down the slopes.
- With nothing to lose, Nathan Chen goes...and lands...six quad jumps.
- The look on the face of Ester Ledecka (the snowboarder) when she won gold in the Super-G.
- Canadian ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir deliver an incredible performance en route to their third Olympic gold medal.
- Lindsey Vonn's post-race interview.
- The call as Jessie Diggins and Kikkan Randall win Team USA's first ever gold medal in cross-country skiing.
- WOMEN'S HOCKEY.
4. While generally not a fan of Presidents' Day as a holiday, I needed it this week. One more morning waking up without an alarm clock, one more afternoon spent playing with friends, one more evening without practices or classes or homework. I wish our school district offered year-round school, but since I doubt that will happen during Will and Hallie's tenure here, I will continue to vote and push for longer school years with more breaks, rather than shorter school years with fewer breaks. Occasional three- or four-day weekends or even weeks off rejuvenate us and allow us to go back to school and work feeling better rested and more open to growth and learning!
5. Happiness Highlights:
|Speaking of Jump Rope for Heart - Will had a |
blast, and since I volunteered I could capture a
few pics of him showing off his skillz for me.
|No truer words, AMIRIGHT?!|
I laughed out loud when I read this.
|I discovered that Facebook has filters. It wasn't a very productive |
evening... (Interestingly, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get
back to the filters now. I guess filters and me were a one-night stand.)
Happy Friday, Chasing Roots!
Linking up with High Five for Friday here: