1. First, we celebrated the holidays at the kids' schools, soccer practices, and dance classes.
2. Then we celebrated with our families in Wisconsin.
|Sunset over the Booth Lake in the North Woods.|
|Ready to cut down our Christmas tree!|
|Hallie got to do the honors.|
|Holiday baking and chocolate pretzel dipping.|
|The altar at church on Christmas Eve.|
|Stockings ready to be opened!|
|Tom's newest "mad scientist" gadget.|
|Will trying to beat his aunts at Sorry!...he didn't.|
|Lily and Carter waiting on Will and|
Hallie...one waiting patiently at the
window and one waiting to attack.
|Nighttime ice skating at the park.|
|It was SOOOO cold. That night, and every night. And every day.|
3. And finally, we celebrated back home in Texas just the four of us.
|Our stockings were in our delayed luggage, so Santa|
just displayed our stocking stuffers on the ottoman.
|Laying claim to someone else's gift.|
4. We traveled on New Year's Eve (first flight delayed an hour, second flight delayed an hour, second flight cancelled, rental car acquired, luggage abandoned in Dallas, drive home accomplished, rental car returned) but made it back to College Station just in time to join our friends to celebrate the end of 2017. We ducked out of the party a bit early, however, so we could ring in the start of 2018 at home together in our pajamas and snuggled up in bed.
5. Last but not least, we had a great second week of winter break at home. We slept in, exercised, read books, watched movies, played with friends, finished our Christmas thank you notes, and cleaned out the kids' closets. A great start to the New Year!
Happy Friday, Chasing Roots!
Linking up with High Five for Friday here: