I'm thankful for my son's intense and never-ceasing curiosity about the world around him. In the last week I've been asked about and then explained to him the following:
- School Zone speed limits
- Candidates, elections, and voting
- The concept of "defying gravity"
- Native American hunting attire
- "Singing the blues"
- Sewer systems
- Headlights, taillights, and brake lights
- The Force
- Single elimination in NCAA tournament brackets
- The various spellings and meanings of we/wee/whee/wii and know/no
And I'm thankful that I've been able to come up with answers that, while perhaps not 100% correct (my knowledge of sewer systems comes only from a Magic School Bus children's book, and I'm pretty clueless when it comes to The Force), my inquisitive five-year-old deemed acceptable.